Douglas SBD Dauntless 1/72 Print Scale 72112
1. SBD-2 flown by CDR Howard Young, Commander of the Enterprise Air Group. Upper surfaces are Blue Gray over Light Gray
lower surfaces. Red centered stars are carried in four locations. Pearl Harbor.
2. Douglas SBD-3 “Dauntless” Squadron VS-2 aircraft carrier "Lexington", May 1942.
3. SBD-5 of Flottille 4FB, Aeronavale, Cognac January 1945.
4. Light bomber CAC Wirraway of the No.12 Sqn. RAAF (above) and A-24 Banshee of the No. 27 BAG USAAF (below) became victims of the Japanese strike to Darwin on February,19,1942.
5. Douglas SBD Dauntless representing GCB I/18 'Vendee' (Groupe de Chasse Bombardment), Armee de l'Air Serial: F/254543 operating from Vannes, November 1944. Note unit emblem right.
6. Douglas SBD-5 Dauntless,NZ 5057(BuNo 36925). of No25 Sqn. RNZAF, crewed by the squadron commander S/L T.J.Maclean de Lange and his radio operator F/O Sewell. Piva airfield, Bougainville, spring 1944.
7. Douglas SBD-5 Dauntless NZ 5056 (ex BuNo36924) of No 25 Sqn RNZAF, crewed by f/ Sgt C.N O’Neil and F/Sgt D.W. Gray.
Piva airfield, Bougainville, spring 1944.
8. SBD-3 from the Air Group off the Wasp participated in attacks on Guadalcanal on7 August 1942.The roundels have been crudely enlarged by hand, while the stars have been left the original size.
9. Douglas SBD-5 Dauntless NZ 5048 of 25 Dive Bomber Squadron, Piva, Bougainville, April 1944.